We are fortunate enough to have an orchard nearby. I recently took the kids to the orchard for a day trip and loaded up on delicious apples. We are planning on making all kinds of yummy goodies with our haul.
I love apples, they’re my favorite fruit. I also love all things you can make with apples (apple pie, apple butter, apple bread, apple sauce… shall I continue?). I also love finding delicious easy dessert recipes. And this irresistable Delish Apple Crisp recipe from my Grandma Carolyn is at the top of my must-have list. I mean, who doesn’t love a steaming baked apple crisp fresh out of the oven topped with homemade whipped cream? Mmmm, I can hardly wait to eat some more. And in case you’re lucky enough to have leftovers, Delish Apple Crisp also makes a wonderful breakfast. Unfortunately, in our home we hardly ever have leftovers because it gets
scarfed eaten so quickly.
- 8 c. Peeled, cored, and sliced apples
- 1 3/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 c. Brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 1/2 c. Brown Sugar
- 1 c. Flour
- 1 c. Rolled Oats
- 1 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 2/3 c. butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Spray a 9x13" pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Toss all filling ingredients together and place in the pan.
- In a bowl, blend all topping ingredients just until crumbly. (Do not over mix and create a dough). Evenly spread topping over the apples.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until apples are soft but not mushy.
- Top warm apple crisp with fresh whipped cream or ice cream.
Top off your baked apple crisp with some delicious homemade whipped cream. Now it’s irresistable!
I love using my Apple Peeler Corer Slicer to cut all of my apples, it makes the job go about 20 times faster. I can peel, core and slice one apple in about 20 seconds. The kids love to use it too! If you don’t have one yet, you may want to consider purchasing one. It truly is a lifesaver for me.
Affiliate links follow.